Thursday, July 21, 2011

Brooklyn and Family

Hello everyone!
I spent the last week in Indiana with the most wonderful loving family.
I know alot of you know the Butler family from Indiana. Kelly is an incredible mother,friend and inspiration!
Like many of us..actually most of us.Kelly had to get little Brooklyn a gtube last week. 2 years ago right after Abby got hers I told Kelly if Brooklyn ever had to get one I would come and help so I did. This family put in a tremedous fight to keep her eating but many times Rett Syndrome just wins and you have to do what you have to do. This is the McNamara/Butler crew. Actually Kelly and Kristins Dad Mike is missing from this pic. What an incredible man. Made me miss my own Daddy. This family takes care of each other like EVERY family should. Being with them was exactly like it it is when I go visit out West except it's not Just Kelly that gets it. If it takes a village were ever true this house would be an example. From sun up to sun down eveything revolves around each member and the family as a whole. Something we all wish we had. They all really do love each other so much and it shows in everything they do. Total teamwork. I was in awe of all of them. Every single one.
Suzy and Kel. What a Mom and Grammy she is. Unexplainable. Love love love this woman. So nurturing and understanding.So incredible helpful in a never complain,it's my reason on earth woman..I may just cry
Kelly and Kristin and yes...I can now tell them apart!!!!
Kelly, Boston,Brooklyn and me. If I didnt have Abby to get back to I dont know that I would have left.
Me and Brookie getting some cuddles in Saturday afternoon. She is such a trooper. eating and taking bolus feeds. What a tough lil studmuffin she is!
Kisses. I love you Princess Brookie Beanah Weanah!
Just a few days out from surgery. Look at that smile. Nothing better.
The day before I left I loaded the kids up with apps that Abby likes and they LOVED them. They both were so amazed by the iPAD. I think the best was seeing Kelly watch her kids faces and reactions...Priceless!

Lot's more pictures and stories to come!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terri, how nice of you! I loved seeing you again and thx sooo much for helping explain the g-tube for us.....it still is a little scary to me. We had such a good visit, didn't we! Too bad all the Rett families don't live closer.....wow...how great would that be...talk about SUPPORT! I bet Abby was super glad to see you again. Give her a kiss and a hug from "Grammy Suzy". Thx for the pictures and looking forward to the rest (will you post ALL of them, even the PG rated one??? ;O

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being there for Kel in ways I could never be...I just don't know Rett Syndrome like you do. It was great to have you be part of the family for a bit :)
Love Ya!
Kristin