Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thank you Leana

A few blog posts ago I went on and on about the Disney Marathon and shared lots of pics with you.

What I didn't have at the time was any pics of the woman, then only woman who ran in Abbys honor.

A stranger

A stranger who picked a Marathon and a cause and wanted a child, a local woman. The child she got was mine.

She fund-raised and did very well for GP2C. Especially for someone who didn't know the child for who she was running.

I am in awe of her and of all people who raise funds and awareness for causes that don't affect them personally and we all hope and pray never will.

Thank you Leana and family.



1 comment:

Leana said...

It's been WAY too long since I've read this blog! I'm just now reading your too kind words! I'm the one who should be thanking you for allowing me to run for your beautiful daughter. Running for Abby will always be one of the best things I've ever done. She is an inspiration and so are you and your husband. I will never stop raising awareness for Rett syndrome and I will NEVER stop hoping and praying for a cure. Sending lots of love your way, Leana