Saturday, September 18, 2010

Catching up!

I have not been a blogger slacker lately. Just an Abbys blog slacker. Been helping other people out with projects. Exciting RettGirl Awareness projects and more. I've loaded the latest pics for a little story time so you can catch up with our favorite princess! Above is Abby holding her purple card. It's like a little awareness in your pocket and we hand them out everywhere when people ask what Rett Syndrome is or what Abby is living with.
Look how cute she is! You can order your own awareness cards at GP2C. I don't know what we'd do without them.

Always my favorite pics. I love it when my kids play together. Also the only time I can get my son to take a pic is with his sister.


Look at the love in this picture!


One of my BFF's from high school came home after 23 years. She spent a week and we love her so so much!



Our friends Bridget and Kelly gave us a great idea to buy a stamp with Abby's name on it so she could write her name on her papers at school! I think I was a little more excited about it then she was. You can buy the $18.99 stamp at Staples. Some girls around the country had to order their's but they made ours while we waited. Took about 5 minutes.



Oh my gosh Mom! That's my name!



Seriously? I can write my name now?


Yeah! Is this the coolest idea ever or what?



Screw you guys! Where's my checkbook?
More soon
T

3 comments:

Tuška said...

Abby is such a sweet girl and she seems to be very happy!
The stamp is a wonderful idea!
I like your blog :o)

The MacDonald Family said...

I'm so WAY behind in my blogging and blog reading. LOVE the pics! Abby has no shortness of love, that's clear! HUGS!!!

Dolores R. said...

I came across your blog (as well as others) through a Rett's "girl power" site. It inspired me to start my own - I am trying to learn about experiences of parents of and people living with developmental disabilities - I aspire to be a teacher. Your little one is beautiful! I don't know if you've read this before, or if you'd be interested, but I came across this and loved it. I don't know anyone affected by Rett's myself, but believe it deserves more attention because these girls are more able than they appear! At least I have faith that this is so. :)

http://www.lehman.cuny.edu/faculty/jfleitas/bandaides/dani.html

I know my post is a bit off-topic, but consider this a hello. Will read more into Abby's story.