Friday, November 23, 2012

Family's van equipped with special needs car seat stolen on Thanksgiving

Family's van equipped with special needs car seat stolen on Thanksgiving

The above link is the story of how our van and many of our items were stolen on Thanksgiving. We discovered it as I was almost ready to serve dinner.

I have had phone call after phone call and message on how people can help. I can honestly say that I don't know what to say. I understand as I would want to help a friend of mine if they were going through the things we are.

I had some people suggest a couple of fundraising sites and I checked into them. They charge ridiculous fees and I just don't see someone making money off of our problems so here is what I have come up with for now....

We are in process of setting up a Special Needs trust for Abby that can pay for anything she needs. The papers have been drawn up and we are just waiting to sign them and we have contacted the lawyer to move up the process ASAP. It already has a name. Abigail M Vejrosta Trust.

What we can do for now is take donations for this through Paypal. All donations or gifts will be held in this account until the bank has opened the trust.

If anything else comes up or a better solution I will let you know as soon as I can. If you would like to contact me you can do so by emailing me at vejrfam@yahoo.com.

Donations or gifts can be made on the right panel of this blog or by clicking HERE.

Thank you,

Terri,George and Abby

No comments: