Monday, May 24, 2010

No surgery..for now


I can't believe I havent posted for 2 weeks. Bad Mom. Helps that I have been horribly ill with some kind of bacterial respiratory infection.
In my last post I told you that the surgeon had talked to us about doing Pyloroplasty surgery on Abby and had sent us for a Nuclear Gastric Emptying study and until we figured something out we would be feeding her slower and more often.
Well we did all that. The slowing of the feeds that is. She has thrown up a couple of times but it hasnt been an everyday thing anymore.
We went in today for what we thought would be results from the study and the doctors recommendation. I dont feel we got either. Two weeks ago he recommended the surgery and talked about how it would help. When we got there today we found out that no only were we not scheduled to be seen...they had that we had missed all the tests we had spent hours doing over the last few weeks.
So Mamma Bear threw a little fit and got out her appointment card with everything on it and they got us in after a 2 hour wait.
When the surgeon came in I had to remind him why we were there because they had no record and no notes. This time he was very glum with a no guarantee it will work and so much can go wrong attitude. I am so not happy with this hospital right now. If we had not run into the best Doctor we have ever seen in a hospital setting on the way out I would have been marching my butt to the Patient Advocates office.
We ran into Dr Prince Charming..Although you couldnt tell by Abby's reaction to him today. I think she was feeding off my nerves being so rattled and didnt look at the Doc sideways.. When she was in the hospital she straight up hit on him every time he walked in the room. She is such a player. Wish she would of batted her lil eyelashes at him or something.
SO there will be no surgery unless and until someone with some knowledge says it's an absolute no choice kind of thing.

1 comment:

JustMyThoughts. said...

My best wishes with her and her family!!