Friday, April 9, 2010

Abbys 1st day of Hippotherapy

video

Thursday was Abby's 1st day of Hippo therapy. We got video before and after this one too but I love how happy she looks here. She is so brave and so trusting. I've been on a horse twice in my life. Once when I was her age to get my picture taken(I screamed my head off) and once again when I was in my late twenties. I thought I was going to throw up it made me so nervous.

Hippo therapy helps with balance,muscle and core strength, gait, posture, sensory processing and much more. We were told about it when Abby was first diagnosed but we wanted her to get through regression..and I needed to get over my fear and Momma Bear protective instincts. I'm so glad I did cause she had a ball. Wherever I took her today I would tell her to tell the person I was talking to about riding the horse and she did...in her own little language. She was so vocal and all smiles!! I love it.

1 comment:

barb said...

Hippotherapy seems like the perfect treatment for a child with retts. You are right she is beautiful. I am interested to see if she gets strong enough to put weight on her hands and if that sensory input helps her fine motor skills.
Barbara
HorseOT.com