Monday, May 4, 2009

St Louis Strollathon part 1

This weekend we drove to St Louis with our friends to attend the St Louis Strollathon for Rett Syndrome research. Two Rett families in one Mini Van with 2 wheelchairs a toddler,2 feeding pumps. Countless bags and no one got punched. We had a great time. I will be posting more pics from this event as well as total fundraising numbers as they come in. Above is Abby the morning of the Strollathon. She was a happy camper!
Shannon, Alyssa and Abby on the way.

I love this little girl. She has the best personality and sense of humor.

People arriving at the Strollathon. We are hoping to hold one in Kansas City next year
Abby was so thrilled and having a blast
Fredbird from the St Louis Cardinals teasing the girls
Me and Shannon. She is the local IRSF rep and my good friend. She was the first to contact me after Abby's diagnosis and she is an absolute rock and gives me so much hope and inspiration and has really taught me how to deal and be a special needs Mom. Feels kinda strange having to learn life lessons from someone 10 years my junior.
Marla Black and me. Her daughter Sydney is absolutely stunning-and so bored with people telling her. She was great.

I haven't gotten an official count but I think their was between 17-20 girls and I was absolutely amazed that the number was so small considering the number of people that were there. Not all of us get that kind of love and support from their friends and families. I hear so many storied of friends and family who just turn tail and run at the diagnosis and there were several families there that had dozens of people walking with them. Absolutely brought me to tears. It was wonderful.
I want to thank Shannon and her family for being so wonderful. They made me smile all weekend and I have more to post later because we spent 2 days at the zoo and took a trip to the Childrens Museum.
If you ever get a chance to go to St Louis it is a beautiful city and the people are absolutely the best.







3 comments:

Karlie Grace said...

Yay, so glad to see part 1 with pics! I'm glad you all had such a great time!

SeairaLaNae said...

That is awesome, I can't wait to hear more about it! Looks like there was a great turnout! Loved the pics!!

Brooklyn and Kelly said...

How fun, I always love gettign the opportunity to be around other Rett families.....so....when are we getting together :)?!?!?!